Okay, so here’s the thing… I’m not much of a blogger, or writer for that matter, but I am a storyteller and this is something I’ve always wanted to do – I just need people who want to ‘listen to it’ and that’s where you come in! So, subscribe to the blog if you think you might be interested in my quirky, random, health related – or not – ramblings! …there may be wine involved.
I didn’t know where to start exactly, so we’re going to the crux of it all. We WANT to be healthy. We try everything, especially every new thing because it HAS to be better than the last thing we tried that didn’t work and we’ve all been riding this roller coaster for years! The biggest bandwagon of them all is the ‘diet’…
Name a diet, crash, detox, weight control, I’ve been on it, I swear!!
- Cabbage Soup Diet
- Egg and Weinie Diet <<< yes this really was a thing, and I really did it
- Scarsdale Diet
- Fit for Life – Harvey and Marilyn Diamond
- Fasting – Herbert M. Shelton
- Grapefruit Diet – I found out later that grapefruit inhibits some medications… well that explains a few things!
- Counting Points, counting calories, counting numbers on a scale
- Restricting (also known as Anorexia, but who’s keeping tabs)
- Bevery Hills Diet
- Master Cleanser
- Wild Rose
- Atkins Diet
- South Beach Diet
- Raw Food
- Veggie, vegan, pescatarian, breatharian (I might be kidding about that last one)…
… but the truth is some of these work, and some of them don’t . Some for a short time (while you are on them) and some of them have lasting results. We jump on these as they come on the scene. Why? …because we all want to be a healthy weight. Even if they have warnings like “Do not continue for more than 2 weeks, as it can be life threatening” <<< Do you know which one that was? We end up piling weight back on… even more than we needed to lose in the first place.
I want to hear about your roller coaster. What have you tried? What worked? What REALLY didn’t? Leave a comment below, and check back often. I will be doing a short post for most of the diets listed and would love to include your thoughts!